The PNP-MOST, a non-profit organization duly registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission, is now implementing an "In-Plant" training and scholarship program for Filipino young people who are high school graduates from ages 18-35 years old.
PNP-MOST envisions to help the less-fortunate youth who are in need of both job and education.
Through the organization, these young people will be given decent jobs in various international manufacturing companies in the country's export processing zones and at the same time provide them the opportunity of getting college education.
The entire program is in line with Nozomi Fortune Services' Program for Resurgence of Industrial development and Exellence (PRIDE).
Partner Companies for "In-Plant" Training.
There are several international manufacturing companies in various EPZA (Export Processing Zones) locations in Mactan, Laguna, Cavite, Subic and Clark, and majority of the locators, especially those that are engaged in manufacturing, are the companies that will host the student-participant's on-the-job training.
Some 18 manufacturing companies like Samsung, Honda and Sirtec are partner "In-Plant" training locations for our student-participant's.
The student-participant will receive as stipend a monetary allowance amounting to 75% of the area's prevailing minimum wage, sometimes ranging from P 6,000.00 to P 12,000.00 per month.
Some of this companies offer free shuttle services for its employees, some offer free lunch meals and other benefits, some have mandatory overtime work and pay.
The type of scholarship is mostly on "in-plant" training, or on-the-job training, and classroom instruction is minimal. The academic component is module-based but the courses are all degree programs accredited by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED).
This is a Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering (BSIE) which is a 5 year course. This is offered by IKON College of Laguna for all scholars who will be coming from the companies located around Calamba and Sta. Rosa.
OJT with pay will be at Samsung Canlubang Laguna.
How the Scholarship Program is Availed
All less-fortunate but deserving youth are qualified to apply for the "in-plant" and scholarship program under PNP-MOST.
- The PNP -MOST is looking for 500 or more youth scholars from Cavite area who can submit their resumes and credentials for immediate evaluation.
- Those who can appply must come from the poorest of the poor who are in need of jobs and college education.
- They must be between the ages of 18 and 35 years old.
- Female applicants must be at least 5 feet tall. Male applicants must be at least 5 feet and 2 inches tall in height.
- They must be high school graduates.
- Those who have not finished college education will have to take the courses available in campuses near their work places.
- They must be willing to relocate near their work places if they live far from the EPZA.
Like in any job and scholarships program, a through screening process is involved.
- All applicants will undergo screening exams and interview to be conducted by Nozomi Human Resources Department.
- After passing the interview, the applicants are already given company assignments for their "in-plant"training.
- They are then accompanied by Nozomi HR to the specific company for final interview.
- After passing the company interview, they are given medical examinations and are now ready for development.
- All scholars are issued ATM cards by their respective companies.
However the parents of the student-participant or scholar will shoulder his or her allowance during the first 15 days of his/her deployment with the company after 2 weeks the scholar will already receive a full allowance.